Kingfish Cup Regulations:
This is a fun, easy event to take part of – go diving spear a kingish, weigh it in at a weigh station and be in the chance to get a prize no matter the size of the legal kingfish. However, there are some guidelines that need to be adhered to so we have a smooth running event to occur.
- Fish can ONLY be taken between Pittwater and Port Hacking (fishing outside this area you will be disqualified.)
Signing on daily for the event – letting us know you are going to dive on that day.
Once you have registered online for the Kingfish Cup you will still need to let us know when you are entering the water, and approximately where you will be, and how long you expect to be diving for. You will need to sign on your intent to dive on each of the days that you choose to fish; you may fish either one, or both, of the days of the Kingfish Cup. Your first location wasn’t enough and you wish to dive elsewhere on the day, please extend the courtesy to repeat the SMS process again.
- SMS to the number anytime from 0800 each day of diving, by sending your full name, add the location you’ll be entering the water, and estimated time of return.
Signing off for the day – letting us know you are safely back.
You need to let us know you are back on land so we do not contact services to go looking for you.
- SMS to the number after each day of diving, by sending your full name, and you have finished diving for the day and estimated time of return.
Weighing in your Kingfish
Your Kingfish must be weighed in at one of the nominated weigh-in stations. Weigh in stations will be open until 1700 on each day.
Location 1: Adreno Sydney Store – 1/678-682 Botany Rd, Alexandria NSW 2015
Location 2: Little Manly – Craig Ave Manly NSW 2095
This is ethical stuff and it comes down to your own integrity, like it was mentioned above – this is a fun, easy event to be a part of, don’t complicate things with doubt please.
- You are allowed to enter one kingfish per. day over the weekend
- Float and Alpha flag must be used by the diver
- Fish landed by the one diver is to be weighed in by that diver only, no one else shall weigh in another diver’s fish for themselves.
- Dive only in the permitted areas as per NSW Fisheries regulations.
- Any issues that may arise the organisers will revert to the Sydney Zone Spearfishing event rules for guidance.
- Prizes are for Open, Ladies and Junior categories, and, their will be 5 Mystery Weight prizes, and, prizes for attending the presentation evening at Adreno.
- The “OPEN” category means everyone. The Ladies, self-explanatory. Juniors under 18 years of age on the date of each days event.
- Mystery Weight shall be determined by a non-competitor drawing a weight “out of a hat” at the presentation evening. The five closest to the mystery weight shall receive the prizes. The Open category heaviest fish will not be included in the Mystery Weight, nor will the Lucky Door entrant major prize winner.
Kingfish Cup Prizes: Heaviest Kingfish
1st to 5th place
1st to 3rd place
1st to 3rd place
Mystery Weights (Kingfish weight closest to the weight drawn)
LUCKY DOOR PRIZE
- Information night Lucky Door Prize
- Presentation night Lucky Door Prize