The Sydney Cup is held annually during January at Gunnamatta Bay in Sydney’s south. The competition is the first major comp in the calendar and part of the USFA NSW State Championship.
The Sydney Cup offers a great opportunity to improve spearfishing skills, meet new divers, and have a great social gathering.
Hosted By USFA Sydney Metropolitan Skindiving Zone
Weigh In, BBQ then Presentation
At Gunnamatta Park Nicholson Parade Cronulla
Meet & weigh in or the Pavillion
Sign on from 7:15am
All competitors must be financial with the USFA. Can join on the day or here: Membership
Competition will be based on the Sydney Metro Score Sheet.
No fishing allowed in the designated competition areas the day before the competition.
Safety gear to be presented on sign on – Float, Alpha Flag & Whistle
- The top ten places.
- Two top places in Sub-junior, Junior, Lady, intermediate, Senior, Veteran and Master Categories.
- First two places in the nominated pairs.
- First two places in the nominated teams.
- Most Meritorious Fish Open.
- Most Meritorious Fish Junior (include Sub-junior and Lady)
- Heaviest Fish Open.
- Heaviest Fish Junior (include Sub-junior and Lady)
- Most Species
- Heaviest Morwong, Bream, Rock Blackfish and Luderick
- Mort meritorious pelagic
The Sydeny Cup in generally held on the first Alliman Shield Competition in January
The Sydney cup runs on the USFA and SMSZ Rules and Score sheet